We are looking for motivated PhD students for Games Studio. There are a number of projects that you can join focusing around games
- Augment and Virtual Reality – Measuring immersion and flow in these environments while completing complex tasks
- Spatial navigation – Understanding how humans navigate virtual and physical spaces. How can we design better marked virtual spaces to create a sense of presence.
- Gamification – To distinguish gamification from marketing, we need to establish better guidelines and run controlled experiments on how the different features impact user behaviour.
- AI for controlling cars – Artificial intelligence plays an important role in making games “fun”. The goal of AI is not to beat the player, but to provide excitement and challenge to the player. Explore how a ‘drama manager’ approach can be used to control multiple cars to provide maximum enjoyment for a single person racing game
- Data Arena – The Data Arena at UTS provides a 360 stereo environment. How can we design interactive applications for this space? How do we balance the control of the interaction for multiple people and groups
If you are interested in any of the above topics, or interested in the general area of video game development, game design, virtual reality or augmented reality, please contact Yusuf Pisan firstname.lastname@example.org via email to setup a meeting